Fried black beans - semi-veggie burrito filling
The taste of smoked bacon marries very well with the earthy flavors of black beans and onions. Use smoked bacon, most regular brands of bacon are made out of fresh pork
with added antioxidation agents and smoke flavor. In Sweden, the Änglamark brand have an excelent variant. If you prefer a meat free meal, you can use smoked ancho paste instead of bacon to get the smoked flavor.
- 140 g. smoked bacon (alt. 2 tsp. smoked ancho paste)
- 1 tblsp neutral oil
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 batch Taco spice mix (alt. 1 bag ready-made Taco Spice Mix.)
- 400 g black beans (ready-made or cooked)
- 1 dl. water
- 1 green chili, sliced
- Juice from 1 lime
- 0.5 dl. fresh parsley, chopped
- 0.5 dl fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Fry the bacon on medium heat in the oil until the fat starts to melt.
- Add the onions. Continue frying until they start to brown.
- Add the spices. Fry for 15 seconds.
- Add the water and the beans.
- Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chili and the lime juice.
Garnish with the parsley and cilantro.
Serve on corn burritos together with cheese, fresh vegetables and a tomato salsa.