Pancakes - with yeast
This is a great recipy for pancakes. The yeast adds a lot of character to the flavor. I prefer to accompany them with mexican salsa and sour cream. They also make a delicious dessert when served with jam and whipped cream.
6 dl Milk
- 15 g. fresh yeast
- 3 dl wheat flour, preferrably stone ground
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp honey
- 3 eggs
- 1 tblsp melted butter
- neutral oil for frying
- Crack the eggs in a bowl.
- Add the flower through a strainer.
- Stir to a heavy batter.
- Dissolve the yeast in the milk in a separate bowl.
- Add the honey and salt to the milk and stir until the honey has dissolved.
- Add the milk to the batter little by little while whisking.
- Set aside in the refrigerator for 4-12 hours.
Add the melted butter and the eggs and whisk until smooth.
- fry blini style pancakes on a griddle.