Spagetti surf and turf with olives
This dish was created by accident when I had to invent something out of nothing but a few strands of spagetti and a few chicken thighs. The time frame was really tight too, so the recipy is shaved down to a bare minimum.
- 4 boned chicken thighs, cut into strips
- 1 large carrot, cut into batonnet (thick matchstick strips, about 0.5 cm wide)
- 6 sun dried tomatoes, cut into juliennes (thin matchstick strips, about 0.2 cm wide)
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 dl white wine, sauvignon blanc
- 1 dl light veal stock
- 25 green olives of decent quality
- 3 anchovies (the italian variety)
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Olive oil for frying
- 400 g Spagetti
- Heat a heavy sauté pan to medium heat.
- Fry the chicken, carrot, tomatoes in olive oil until the chicken is lightly browned.
- Turn down the heat somewhat and add the garlic. Continue 4. frying for another couple of minutes. Make sure the garlic doesn't brown.
- Add the anchovies, the olives, the wine and the stock. 6. Put a lid on and boil over a low heat while preparing the spagetti.
- Boil the spagetti in salted water until al dente.
- Add the spagetti to the sauce, stir and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve directly from the sauce pan to get that rustic casual feeling.