Taco spice mix - an alternative to ready-made spice mixes
This is an alternative to the commercial ready-to-use Taco spice mixes. It doesn't contain any MSG, contains less sugar and a more natural taste.
- 1 tblsp. cumin seeds, ground
- 1 tblsp. dried ancho chili, ground (alt. 1-3 tsp. chili powder)
- 1 tblsp. onion powder
- 2 tsp. paprika powder
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 tsp. black pepper, ground
- 1 tsp dried oregano, crushed
- 0.5 tsp. coriander seeds, ground
- 1,5 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. corn flour (optional)
- grind the whole spices in a mortar, coffee- or spice mill.
- Mix with the powdered spices.
- If you prefer a thicker Taco dish, add the corn flour.
- Store in an airtight jar.