Tomato and bell-pepper bisque - A fresh and warming soup
I served this soup as an entré to a saturday dinner. It combines freshness, sweetness and a round finish. Everything I want in a soup.
- 1 large onion, chopped 2 red paprika, chopped
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tblsp butter
- 4 sun dried tomatoes
- 3 dl white whine, sauvignon blanc
- 1 can (400 g) canned tomatos
- 2 dl heavily reduced chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 dl double cream
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- Black pepper
- Sauté the onions and the bell-peppers on medium heat in olive oil and butter until transparent and soft.
- Add the sun dried tomatoes.
- Add the white wine.
- Bring to a boil and boil for a few minutes to allow for the alcohol to evaporate.
- Add the canned tomatoes.
- Add the chicken stock and the bay leaf.
- Put the lid on the pan and boil for 1 hour.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Purée the soup in a blender until smooth.
- Draw it through a fine strainer.
- Pour the soup back into a clean pan.
- Add the lime juice.
- Add the cream and bring to a boil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with a a glass of sherry and a slice of bread.